Ask Solicitors Online for Legal Advice Online. Answers (often)in Minutes.

Hello I am wondering if you could help me with a i

Posted: 4th October 2018 @ 11:26am

Hello I am wondering if you could help me with a issue I have with a previous employer. The problem is that where I worked was open to the elements and back in early March when the weather was bad with snow and ice there was no extra ppe provided to combat the weather nor was there any heating in the break room or cups available for hot drinks and I had to watch a co worker reduced to digging in a rubbish bin trying to find a cup. As a result of the cold at work I received mild frostbite. I took a letter in to work describing the conditions and was told by the two managers that I spoke with that nothing was wrong it was just not nice. I went to citizens advice and they told me To look into the whistle blowers law and contact acas. I contacted acas and they told me to call hse. Hse initially told me they wouldnt do anything because the weather had changed so I queried that decision and was then told that hse would send a letter to my employer. After spending quite some time reading up on the whistle blowers law and other related legislation I think i might now need expert advice.

I have already tried the following:


Question asked by: Gavisgod ()

Expert Information request

Posted: 4th October 2018 @ 11:27am

We can certainly advise you on your rights and how you should go about dealing with this but we do not provide a free service

Reply by: David Law (Flintshire)

Experience: 20 years in Legal Profession.6 years partner in High Street practice.
Qualifications: PGDLaw. LPC
Questions Answered:

Used by:

Our Experts


Specialist Personal Injury Lawyer with over 6 years' experience in Claimant personal injury law.

Read users full testimonials here

Read other testimonials/reviews about Expert Answers service on

Trust pilot logo
All our Experts credentials are Checked and verified against the SRA & Bar Council registers.