Date Posted Question Category View
1 20th April 2019 09:24AM

My husband wants a divorce and wants us to sell our house and split everything down the middle. Can he force us to do that? We have 2 children at home (age 17 and 20), and the youngest one is currently doing A Levels with a view to university next year. I don't want his studies disrupting, and think we should wait a year.

Divorce View
2 20th April 2019 09:23AM

Hi,a hospital nurse shared my private info with friends,now everyone is gossioing about me,what can i do?

Health & Medical View
3 19th April 2019 10:45PM

Hi, I am in the process of getting divorced from my wife. Does she have a claim of property I inherited (jointly with my 2 brothers) from my late mother 3 years ago? My mother's name is still on the deeds. My name is not on the deeds.



Divorce View
4 18th April 2019 11:01PM

Own a driveway and council asked for chain and plant pots to be removed.Also only allowed 2 cars not 4 on driveway.Can we go against council order even if we own the driveway?

Property & land View
5 18th April 2019 10:58PM

My grandsons X has taken their 18 month old daughter 170 miles away to her new boyfriends it was only going to be for a week but he's found out today they are staying another 7 days, he wants to go down and bring his daughter home, what are the legal implications

Family & Matrimonial View
6 18th April 2019 10:05PM

Good evening. I was wondering if you could help me out by clarifying something. I have had my horse out on loan until May however the girl who was meant to be looking after him has part exchanged my horse for another one from a dealer. Now police are telling me that I am allowed to just go and get him however the dealer is refusing to let my horse go until she is reimbursed by the girl who is responsible for the exchange. The horse is 400 miles away from me and I just need assurance that I am free to retrieve the horse as he is lawfully mine. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Legal advice View
7 18th April 2019 07:03PM

I’m coming to the end of the 6 month probation period with my employer.

Unfortunately, during this time things have not gone well. Whilst there have been no complaints about the quality of my work. The person assigned to monitor my progress and judge my suitability for the role (not my line manager, but a peer) has made life very difficult. During a recent progress review they ended the session my launching into a tirade detailing how they found me to be depressing to work with and that the thought of continuing to work with me was very unappealing.

Since then, and having made an effort to try and maintain a professional approach, the relationship has deteriorated, to the extent that now I am approaching the end of the probation period I feel certain that I will be told to leave.

Is there anything that I can do about this? Or do I simply have to accept that this is part and parcel of a probation period.

Employment View
8 18th April 2019 06:19PM

Hi, in January, I left my husband and marital home. We have a mortgage together, which he has paid, while I've paid for other direct debit bills, such as electric, phone broadband, food shopping. I've continued to pay the direct debits since leaving. Is it something that would be beneficial for me to continue doing?

Divorce View
9 18th April 2019 12:34PM

Hello, I am a resident in the UK looking to invest in a small business in Estonia (EU). Is it more tax efficient for me to register Estonian shares under my own name or under my UK limited company?

Thanks a lot

Do not know View
10 18th April 2019 09:55AM

Hello, I am thinking of buying my Dads local authority house (right to buy). With him leaving it to me after his day.

What would happen if he had to go & live in an Old Peoples Home, Would the Local Authority sell his house to pay for his upkeep in a Home & leave me out of pocket or would the house be classed as being mine?

Many Thanks

Wills & Estates View

Used by:

Our Experts


Qualified as a Lawyer in 2007. Over 14 years of legal experience all aspects of litigation and matrimonial law. Specialised in matrimonial and family law for the past 9 years.

Read users full testimonials here

Read other testimonials/reviews about Expert Answers service on

Trust pilot logo
All our Experts credentials are Checked and verified against the SRA & Bar Council registers.

Expert Answers respect